- This event has passed.
September 19, 2022 – September 23, 2022
The 26th Annual IEEE High Performance Extreme Computing Conference (HPEC ’22) will be held as a virtual conference on Sept. 19 – 23, 2022.
HPEC is the largest computing conference in New England and is the premier conference in the world on the convergence of High Performance and Embedded Computing serving a community interested in computing hardware, software, systems, and applications where performance matters.
Distinguished speakers at this year’s meeting include:
- Keynote: Prof. Barbara Liskov (MIT Institute Professor & Turing Award Winner) – Reflections on a Career in Computer Science
- Dr. Almadena Chtchelkanova (NSF) – The NSF Computing and Information Science and Engineering Landscape: A Look Forward
- Barry Greene (Akamai) – Welcome to CyberWar: Long Term Ramifications Unleashed by Russia’s War
- Maj. Michael Kanaan (USAF) – Making AI Real: Insights from the Lab to Operations
- Dr. Piyush Mehrotra (NASA Advanced Supercomputing Chief) – HPC Matters! How Supercomputing Supports NASA’s Mission
- Prof. Taylor Perron (MIT Geology & MacArthur Fellow) – Challenges in Geospatial Computing
- Prof. Viktor Prasanna (USC EECE & CS) – GNN Acceleration on FPGAs
- Dr. John Reynders (Neumora; Former CIO of Moderna Therapeutics & Celera Genomics) – Data-Driven Precision Neuroscience
- Dr. Rob Schreiber (Cerebras Distinguished Engineer) – New Frontiers in Performance at Wafer Scale
with Special Events
- MIT/Amazon/IEEE Graph Challenge
- GraphBLAS Forum to define standard building blocks for graph algorithms; organizers: Dr. Timothy Mattson (Intel); Dr. Scott McMillan (CMU SEI)
- Sky Computing – Towards Efficient Computing on the Cloud; organizers: Marco Montes de Oca, Luna Xu, Erica Lin, Suraj Bramhavar, Jeffrey Chou (Sync Computing)
- Tutorial: Exploring Graph Analysis for HPC with Near-Memory Accelerators; organizers: Jeffrey Young (Georgia Tech), Patrick Lavin (Georgia Tech), Jason Riedy (Lucata), Srinivas Eswar (Georgia Tech)
- Tutorial: SPIRAL; organizers: Prof. Franz Franchetti and Mike Franusich
- Remote Sensing for Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief; organizers: Dr. John Aldridge, Dan Dumanis, Andrew Weinert (MIT LL)
- HPSEC: High Performance Secure Extreme Computing; organizer: Dr. Michael Vai and Donato Kava (MIT LL)
- BRAIDS: Boosting Resilience through Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support; organizer: Dr. Courtland VanDam (MIT LL)
- Bridging Quantum and High Performance Computing; organizer: Prof. Patrick Dreher (NC State Univ)
- Scaling HPC Education; organizers: Dr. Julie Mullen (MIT LLSC), Lauren Milechen (MIT EAPS), and Dr. Hayden Jananthan (MIT LLSC)
- AI Challenges; organizer: Dr. Vijay Gadepally (MIT LLSC)
- Open SuperComputing forum; organizer: Kurt Keville (MIT LLSC)
For more information visit the EVENT WEBSITE.